A while ago I designed and built the Amazing $1 Short Circuit Finder with a resolution of 20 MicroOhms. This is one of my most popular videos to date. In later videos I further enhanced the Short Circuit finder with the help of some friends, and then I also built a surprisingly accurate MilliOhm meter. In this video I bring the two project together, test to see which one is the best at short circuit tracing, then attempt to go 20x further and build a MicroOhm meter with a resolution of just one Micro Ohm! Did it work? You just gotta press PLAY to find out!
This video is kindly sponsored by PCBway. Please give PCBWay a try for all your PCB needs. https://www.youtube.com/c/PCBWay
If you use this link when creating a new PCBWay account and you will receive a free $5 discount coupon
Evolution of the $1 Short Finder and Milli Ohm Meter Projects in chronological order:
1. Build this Amazing $1 Short Finder (original video) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_2GGNr4q1s
2. The Amazing $1 Short Finder (testing on low voltage circuits GPU/CPU to prove it will not cause any damage https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEbWyQgX_Mc
3. The Amazing Short Finder Upgraded (Kelvin Prove Version) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eixDdCpiO4&t=2983s
4. The MilliOhm Meter Project Part 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDw3oVqJHHI
5. The MilliOhm Meter Project Part 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sz1CqJltWEY
6. The plus/minus 12V Linear PSU converted from a NiCad/NiMH Battery Charger (used to power the Milli Ohm Meter) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pAOBPmC7Fw
Short Finder Link
Order From PCBWay:
USB Version: https://www.pcbway.com/project/shareproject/_1_Short_Tracer_USB_Version_by_Learn_Electronics_Repair_YouTube_Channel_f3ce0bdc.html
Learn Electronics Repair is now on Discord! Come and join the fun, it’s free.
It takes a lot of time and effort to make Youtube videos. If you enjoy my videos or they helped you with your own repairs please consider subscribing to my channel or click LIKE
If you would like to help support this channel you could consider sending a Paypal donation or subscribing to my Patreon page. All monies received will go towards buying more items to repair and make interesting videos, or to improve my video recording equipment and will enable me to spend more time making better videos. If you subscribe to my Patreon you’ll get my Whatsapp number and I’ll give personal repair support
You can send donations via this link
You can subscribe via this link
Thank you for your support.